Tuesday, September 5, 2017

SEA AND SKY Cover + Soundtrack

I'm happy to announce that my upcoming fantasy romance, SEA AND SKY, finally has a cover! I had a lot more trouble than usual deciding on a design and then making my ideas actually work, and I'm pleased with the result.

SEA AND SKY is a romance story between a mermaid princess and a human prince (who is super beta, FYI). This is the culmination of yet another of those ideas I've had in my head for like 15 years, so it's really satisfying to finally have it completed. I'll be making some adjustments in the coming days, but I hope to have it released this month. In the meantime, you can add it on Goodreads!


She was mer, one of the ghastly creatures that lurked beneath the waves. He was human, brilliant as the sun. Forced into an unwanted marriage, they never expected to find passion in each other's arms.

Isolde knows she must murder her new husband to fulfill her father's hunger for revenge. She has every intention of doing so, even if her husband is painfully beautiful. Even if he's the only one who ever made her feel something approaching happiness.

Nishad knows never to trust a mer, but he is arrogant enough to believe his docile wife incapable of betrayal. He allows himself to succumb to forbidden desire with her, never suspecting that any moment could be his last.

With illusions shattered and long-held secrets laid bare, the unlikely lovers struggle with truth as tensions rise between their realms. Their fragile bond will never survive unless they come to see that love is more important than duty, and that magic can happen when sea meets sky.


The soundtrack was a little difficult to compile, since this is fantasy and not a modern setting, but I managed to gather some songs I love that I think represent the story well.

"Heavy Water/I'd Rather Be Sleeping" - Grouper
"Crystalised" - The xx
"Into the Depths" - Soft Moon
"Write in Water" - Love Spirals Downwards
"Absolution" - Gary Numan
"Low Red Moon" - Belly
"Possession" - Sarah McLachlan
"Tether Beat" - Twin Shadow
"Human Desire" - Gypsy & the Cat
"Because The Night" - Patti Smith
"Live For Today" - Lords of the New Church
"The Water" - Wild Cub
"All Eyes On Me" - Goo Goo Dolls
"King" - The Romanovs
"My Love Paramour" - Cocteau Twins
"The Blue Dress" - Wild Nothing
"Love Never Dies" - Theatres Des Vampires
"I Will Not Eat the Darkness" - Over the Rhine
"Awake" - Finch




Happy reading/listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment