Thursday, March 8, 2012

Me and My Books

I got this from Nafiza at Bibliophilic Monologues.


1) What do you like to do besides read/blog?
Write, of course! I have so many unfinished projects.
Although I haven't done art in FOREVER (shamefully, since I graduated), I also love drawing and painting with watercolor. One of these days (i.e. when my toddler isn't so grabby) I'd like to improve/practice my oil technique.
When I have money, I enjoy buying books, browsing Target and whatever other stores suit my desires, going to the library, and hanging out with my husband and son. (We have been known to indulge in more than one Harry Potter Weekend on ABC Family.)
2) Print or e-book? Any particular reason?
Print. I don't care what anyone says, there is no way to get the feel of reading an actual book with an e-reader, fancy "page-turning" capabilities or not. I appreciate the convenience of an e-reader and I even have one on my wishlist for those free/cheap Kindle books and NetGalley reads, but for me print books are the way to go.
3) Paperback or hardcover?
Paperback for the price. But if I can find a hardcover for cheap, I go for hardcover. I have a healthy mix of both on my shelves and it looks so awesome.

You can't see the books too well, but here's a picture of the G-Z + misc. side of my little office:


4) Do you have a favorite bookstore?  If so, can we see a pic?
I miss Borders. And Bookstar. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a used bookstore that interests me much (I don't think there are any indie bookstores in my city, but I'll have to look into it). A friend of mine used to live in Utah and she took me to a couple cool bookstores in Salt Lake City. I don't remember their names but they were great. I get most of my book online because I'm poor, or from the library. Here's my library:



5) Why did you decide to start your blog?

I'd blogged before, but I always got bored of it after realizing no one cared what I had to say. Recently, I finally finished a book called Unchanged. I thought blogging would be a decent way to promote it without being spammy. But I may have been hasty in starting this blog up because I'm still waiting for my copyright. Whoops!
6) How long does it take you to finish a book on average? 

1-2 days for YA, maybe 4-5 days if I'm not really into the book.
7) Look at your bookshelf (not GoodReads, but your physical bookshelf) and quickly pick your top five.

This normally requires a lot of careful thinking, but here we go:

The Passion - Donna Boyd
Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov
The Vampire Diaries series - L.J. Smith (I'm counting the original four as one)
The Hunchback of Notre Dame - Victor Hugo
The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins



8) Favorite places on the internet?

Goodreads (duh). Also the Clark County library website, Slate.com for Dear Prudence, iTunes movie trailers, and Amazon. And anywhere else I can waste time.
9) Coffee, tea, juice, or soda?

Coffee in the morning. Tea when I'm cold. Soda with certain meals, but no more than one a day. Juice only occasionally. Water every other time, although I don't drink as much as I should.
10) What’s your favorite thing about blogging?

The ability to say things I want to say which would otherwise have no place to go.
11) Favorite of your past 5 books read, plus the next 5 you plan to read.

Er, I don't have a favorite of the last five I've read. So my most recent favorite would probably be Darkness Falls by Cate Tiernan.




And the next five I will probably read (after the ones I'm currently reading) are:

The Piper's Son - Melina Marchetta
Torn - Stephanie Guerra
Catch & Release - Blythe Woolston
Lightning Tree - Sarah Dunster
Angel Eyes - Shannon Dittemore


So . . . thanks for reading! Hope it was interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment